Wild South is an active member of the Bankhead Liason Panel and we encourage everyone who has an interest in the Bankhead National Forest and Sipsey Wilderness to attend Liaison Panel meetings. Following is the invitation and meeting agenda from Bankhead District Ranger Dave Casey.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Bankhead Liaison Panel Members and Interested Public,
Please set aside the evening of May 19th for our next Liaison Panel Meeting. The meeting will be held in the upstairs conference room of the First National Bank (15305 Hwy 278) in Double Springs. We will meet from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM and cover the following topics.
- Bankhead NF Updates – staffing, ongoing forest management projects, courtesy piers, etc.
- Summary of the Recreation Working Group progress and solicit feedback from Panel members.
- Discuss the development of a new Stewardship Proposal.
- Discuss stewardship of the Sipsey Wilderness Area in 2016.
- Potentially a topic on wildlife.
- Welcoming at least two new members to the Panel (Kevin Pugh and James Barnacastle) and follow up on other potential members.
Let Allison Cochran or me know if you have any questions.