FIRST ANNUAL WILD SOUTH OUTDOOR PHOTO CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES & SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- All entrants must submit a completed contest entry form with their photo(s).
- This contest is open to everyone except for Wild South staff and board of directors, contest jurors, prize contributors, and their immediate families.
- Only photos taken within the categories outlined in the Submission Guidelines are eligible for consideration.
- Photos must be taken within the last two years.
- Only color images will be considered for this contest.
- Up to three photos may be submitted per person.
- A one time administrative fee of $10 is required for all contest participants. Contestants who do not submit a photo contest fee by midnight October 31, 2016 will not be eligible to win. Please pay your fee online at PAY ENTRY FEE
- Photos may be submitted electronically only. See Submission Guidelines for important specifics.
- Photographers will retain original copyrights to their photos.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
- Only submissions that adhere to the Contest Rules and Submission Guidelines are eligible to win.
The submission deadline is midnight October 31, 2016.
Submissions that do not meet the following specifications will be disqualified.
Photos must be from public lands of the southeast which should include National Forests, National Parks, State Parks, public preserves, etc.
FLORA: wildflowers, trees, shrubs etc.
FAUNA: the animals of the particular wilderness, micro and macro
LANDSCAPES: waterfalls, vistas, trails
Digital photos: Photos taken with a digital camera must be submitted at a minimum resolution of 200 dpi and a file size of no smaller than 1.0 MB. File type must by jpg or tif. Minor digital enhancement for cropping, red-eye removal, filters, and corrective functions are permitted, but images that have been judged to be significantly altered will be disqualified. Photographers are not permitted to place borders or frames around their images or to place watermarks, signatures, dates, or copyright notices on their images. Images MUST maintain the integrity of the area as it was photographed. For example, you may enhance the brightness of your image but you may not remove a clear-cut from the background.
Digital images submitted with numeric filenames will be disqualified.
It is necessary that each filename identify who took each photo and where it was taken. Please re-name your images to include the following:
- The specific area where the photo was taken
- Photographer’s full name
Multiple images of an area by the same photographer should be labeled as such: Sipsey.SallyHiker1.jpg, Sipsey.SallyHiker2.jpg and so on.
Photos may be emailed to email@example.com and must include a completed entry form. If you are submitting 3 images, all can be attached within the same email.
Images will be judged on their effectiveness in conveying the uniqueness of the subject matter, technical expertise, composition, creativity and ability to capture natural character.
Winners will be announced by email and through social media no later than November 16, 2016. The winners will receive prizes from supportive sponsors that include Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, Osprey packs and Eno Hammocks. In addition, the winning photos will appear in the Wild South newsletter and on our website.