Announced-5th Annual Conservation Awards Nominee Finalists
***See Past Green Gala Information and Award Recipients HERE
For Immediate Release – February 22, 2013
Contacts: Benjamin Colvin: 828-258-2667, firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Group Announces 5th Annual Conservation Awards Nominees
ASHEVILLE, NC – Regional environmental conservation nonprofit Wild South announced today the Nominee Finalists for its 5th Annual Roosevelt-Ashe Conservation Awards. The awards will recognize and honor outstanding work in 2012 to protect wild places and wild things in the South. This year’s nominees represent five states and exemplify dedication and passion for environmental conservation. The winners will be announced and awards will be presented at Wild South’s 5th Annual Green Gala held March 22, 2013 in Asheville, NC.
“We know that it’s going to take a lot of people working throughout the region to realize our vision.” said Tracy Davids, Wild South’s Executive Director. “So, we think it’s important to recognize and celebrate the fabulous work being done to unite public voices for environmental protection, promote conservation science and education, advocate for wildlife, and protect cultural heritage on public lands.”
“Wild South’s Roosevelt-Ashe Conservation Awards always attract high caliber nominees, and this year is no exception. These conservation heroes have their own amazing stories of passion for a cause, tenacity, and victory,” said Todd Witcher, Award Selection Committee member.
Community Partners for Wild South’s 5th Annual Green Gala and Conservation Awards include The Green Sage Café, Deltec Homes, Eagles Nest Outfitters, Mountain High Outfitters, Hickory Nut Gap Farm, Wicked Weed Brewing Co., French Broad Brewing Co., Mountain Food Products, Smiling Hara Tempeh, Sunburst Trout, Blackbird Frame & Art, Sour Grapes Wines, Celine & Co. Catering’s “On Broadway”.
Wild South is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire people to enjoy, value and protect wild places and wild things on public lands in the South.
Wild South’s 5th Annual Roosevelt-Ashe Conservation Award Nominee Finalists:
- Bob Davis (Anniston Star, AL)
- George Ellison (Freelance Writer, Naturalist, NC)
- Harry Austin (Chattanooga Times Free Press, TN)
- Asheville Independent Restaurant Association (Asheville, NC)
- Avondale Brewing Company (Birmingham, AL)
- Cherokee Historical Association (Cherokee, NC)
- Heather Montgomery (McDowell Environmental Center, Dragonfly EE Programs, AL)
- Mark Case (Southern Guilford High, NC)
- Tracy Childers (West McDowell Jr High School, NC)
- Charles Rose (Shoals Environmental Alliance, AL)
- Chris Oberholster (The Nature Conservancy of Alabama)
- Margaret Copeland (Friends of the Noxubee, Audubon Society, MS)
- Avalon Theisen (Conserve it Forward, FL)
- Mirel Crumb (Food for Life, Sierra Club, TN)
- Maya Crumb (Food for Life, Sierra Club, TN)