Wild South Invites YOU to be a Wildlife and Wilderness Champion
This fall, Wild South is launching our Campaign for Wildlife and Wilderness Champions. Our mission is to inspire people to enjoy, value and protect the wild character and natural legacy of the South. We want you to be a part of Wild South – we cannot do it without your support.
By making a donation to Wild South, you are supporting an organization that has been a leader of environmental conservation in the South for two decades. Here are just a few of our more recent accomplishments and our current campaigns that need your support.
- Wild South is the guardian of the Linville Gorge Wilderness and an advocate for the Nantahala-Pisgah National Forests in North Carolina. We need your voice to help us continue advocating.
- Wild South is fighting to save the endangered red wolf from brink of extinction. We need you to help us fight.
- Wild South has trained more than 40 Volunteer Wilderness Rangers in Alabama, who protect and preserve the Sipsey, Cheaha, and Dugger Wilderness areas. We need your support to expand the program and get more boots on the ground.
- Wild South is preserving over 110 miles (up to 50,000 acres) of Cherokee Trails in the Nantahala-Pisgah National Forests. We need your help to preserve our cultural heritage.
- Wild South is leading the charge to designate 20,000 acres as wilderness in the Cherokee National Forest through the Tennessee Wild Campaign. We need your voice to pass this important legislation through the United States Congress.
- Wild South launched the first ever Preserve Ranger program in Birmingham, Alabama, which protects Ruffner Mountain and Turkey Creek Nature Preserves. Together we can expand our protection of wild places close to our communities throughout the south.
When you become a Wilderness and Wildlife Champion, you become a part of the critical work to preserve and protect the wild places of the South that we all love. Your contribution to Wild South today is an investment in the future of the wild – forever.
Thank you for supporting Wild South!